Monday, September 22, 2014

Unforeseen Circumstances

Photo credit: Stuart Miles via freedigitalphotos.net
Life has a way of never working out like I had planned. After months of planning, and weeks of packing, I finally got everything moved into the new place and was looking forward to the new adventure of investigating a new city and living with a friend and befriending her adorable dog and kitty.

Unfortunately, my severe allergies had other ideas. The first night, I noticed my typical allergy symptoms developing. Severe headache, itchy and watery eyes,sneezing, sinus congestion and a runny nose were making me miserable. So, I vowed the next day to run out and get allergy meds. The next day, armed with Zyrtec, I was sure it would help and was feeling optimistic.

And it did help. With the sneezing. Sadly, it has had no effect whatsoever on the other symptoms, so I've been surviving as much as possible on pain killers. I had been hoping against hope that, despite what the information on the bottle said, it merely just needed some time to build up in my system. But a week later and even with taking more than recommended, it hasn't helped at all. 

Which leaves me with where I am now. Attempting to live with severe allergy symptoms while figuring out what the hell I'm supposed to do. I have one option which I am quite close to taking. It just involves more humility and generosity from others than I'd like. And requires more patience from me. I feel like it's one of those lessons that life has decided I'd learn best by a 4x4 to the head rather than subtlety or the normally sedate pace of life experience.
Post a Comment