Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Almost There!

Well, this is the week. I finished up my work week early and I'm off until Monday. Which is a good thing because I'll desperately need that time to make sure I've got everything in order.  My living room is now littered with boxes, mostly full of books, but some of DVDs and my vinyl collection. I've spent this afternoon packing up the books. Even with only part of my collection here, it still took me the better part of the evening to get it all sorted and packed up.

It's a weird feeling, packing up your home. Even when you know you're headed somewhere great and there is no uncertainty about it, it still feels odd to pack up the knickknacks, take down the art and figure out what's going to the new place and what's being put in storage. As much as I've had problems with my current apartment, it has been my home for the past two years and it still feels very much like home to me. Even though it needs to be done it almost seems wrong to strip it back to its plain white walls and dingy carpet.

Well, my short break is over and I need to get back to packing. Hopefully come Sunday or later next week I'll be able to provide an update and pictures of the new place.
Post a Comment