Thursday, February 13, 2014

(Almost) Weekend Update

As I'm taking a momentary break from some lovely work, I thought I'd take a bit to update you all on what's going on with my life. So much has been happening lately, it feels like life has kind of run away with me.

Work is going well. Busy, but well. I'm looking forward to this year as I've got my hand in some projects that are more closely aligned to my longterm career goals and expertise that I want to develop.

School is proving more of a challenge than I had expected. As a naturally creative, artistic person, I thought that art classes, while not a breeze, would be something I would take to like a fish to water. While they aren't incredibly difficult, it is taking more than I thought it would. It seems that the years of an education and now a career focusing on the analytical has left my creative side a bit atrophied and it's good, but painful to get those muscles working again.  I'm hoping that once I get some art projects that I'm actually proud of, I'll be posting them here to share with all of you.

In other news, I have embarked on an interesting adventure. As mentioned in my previous post, I've started exploring and educating myself on personal finance. As an exercise both to keep myself accountable and to try to improve my videography skills, I've started a vlog. Yep, that's right. Lindsey I-Hate-Myself-In-Front-Of-Cameras-Of-Any-Kind is willingly (sort of) putting herself out there on screen.

Post a Comment