So to save on postage and poor pitying sighs, here's my version of the holiday newsletter. Two-thousand-thirteen has been a fantastic year. I had my doubts about my 28th year, but it has gone above and beyond.
This was the first full year at my new job after the promotion back in October 2012 to Market Research Analyst. I've grown to love my job and have been enjoying the opportunities I've had to grow and work with my team. I handle competitive research, but also work on product development, strategic planning, social media strategy, and managing our multiple websites.
- Favorite 2013 Work Moments:
- The go-live dates on two of the websites I'm in charge of this year
- Our hilarious team meetings
- Holding an art supply drive for a local children's hospital's Child Life department
- Holiday team lunch where we completed a holiday trivia quiz for gift cards
|Exhausted, but happy|
- Favorite 2013 Marathon Moments:
- Zumbathon fundraiser with a local studio and with the help of great friends
- Crossing the finish line - it is a certain kind of euphoria
- My longest/fastest training run - I really surprised myself
- Making some great friends in my training coaches.
I purchased my first car in June after my old beater finally gave up the ghost. The "new" 2009 Kia Spectra was quickly and fondly dubbed "Keith". Unfortunately, Keith met an uninsured driver in August and was put to rest and replaced by Keith 2.0, my snazzy little 2012 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback. Driving a smaller car is quite an adjustment though. The first time I drove it across the Valley View bridge with snow and ice was quite an experience. And mostly involved me shrieking and holding on white-knuckle to the steering wheel. (Note to self: You need to remember to pick up kitty litter to weigh down the car.)
|My new Nissan Versa|
- Favorite 2013 Car Moments:
- Making the first payment - It is really a great feeling
- Going car-shopping first with my sister, Gina, and then with my friend, Zrinka. They were both really a great help.
- Realizing just how much I was going to save on gas with my new Versa
2013 also saw a lot of fun. Concerts galore, art shows, day trips, museums, fantastic food, and more.
- Favorite 2013 Entertainment Moments
Imagine Dragons Night Visions Tour
- Imagine Dragons Concert at Nautica
- Fitz and the Tantrums with Capital Cities at House of Blues
- Visiting the A Christmas Story House with Sarah
- Dinner at Michael Symon's Lola with Carissa and Ron
- Passion Pit at the Masonic Temple
- Getting a private tour and behind the scenes peak of NASA Glenn Research Center (thank you Sarah's dad!)
- First ever Browns game with Cheryl (Thanks for the reminder, Joy!)
And those are the highlights of my year! I hope you all have had a fantastic 2013 and I wish you all the best in 2014.