Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

What am I thankful for? Last year, I tried to make a month of it, listing at least one thing I was thankful for for each day. I suppose I could go with those that automatically can be taken for granted: friends, family, a roof over my head.

But this year, I'd like to take a bit of a non-traditional approach. So here we go:

I am thankful for my insurance company. After a chaotic few months, I can look back and appreciate the service and value I'm offered and how well they took care of me. It makes me incredibly grateful. 

I am thankful for little moments. Whether it's seeing some of my favorite little ones and seeing their eyes light up with the cry of "Auntie Lindsey!" or even ten minutes taken in a cafe with a well-brewed cup of coffee. 

I am thankful for my courage. I don't often give myself enough credit, but over the past few years, I have done so much I never thought I would get to do or even want to do.

I am thankful for the opportunity to give back, whether it's in time, money, or donations, I am so glad I've reached a point where I can share with others, even if it's a small amount.

And last, but not least, I am thankful that as of the beginning of this month, I finally paid off the first of my student loans!

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and a peaceful holiday season,

Lindsey
Post a Comment