Monday, September 9, 2013

Quick Update

It's been awhile since I've posted, or even had the time to write for that matter, so I figured I'd put up a quick update while I take a moment to look away from work (video editing this week and it is CRUNCH TIME!) and gather my thoughts.

The past month has been crazy. And not all crazy good.

About two weeks ago (was it really only two weeks?) I was in a car accident on my way home from a 5k in downtown Cleveland. The other driver wasn't paying attention (don't text and drive, ya'll!), ran a red light, plowed into the side of my car and sent me spinning down the road only to hit another car. That has to be the scariest thing I've ever experienced.


I had scheduled vacation time (four whole days!) around the holiday weekend to take a mini-break out of state, but unfortunately the car accident nixed those plans and I remained in Cleveland. Still taking the days off, but spending them on the phone trying to coordinate insurance and auto body shop or on my computer trying to catch up on work. Not the ideal way to spend a vacation.

Since the accident, I've been in quite a lot of pain. Back pain, dizziness, even some blurry vision. I got a CT scan which came back normal, but I can tell something's not right, so I'm headed back to the doctor next week. Here's hoping I last that long as the pain and lack of sleep have me exhausted.

Work has been crazy, but in a way that is relatively normal crazy... Just, with everything else it has been like the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Oh, and I found out today that my car is being totaled. My brand new car that I've had less than four months. It just makes me want to cry. Oh wait, been there, done that, and still doing it.

Anyway, whoever's listening out there, I hope you're having a good week. And that you drive safe.
Post a Comment