Friday, June 28, 2013

When Life Gives You a Lemon

...junk it and go get a new car.

Yeah. So you know that whole "stop and smell the espresso" stuff I wrote last time? It turned out to be a lot bigger than just a scheduling inconvenience. Betsy III (aka "Betsy the Tin Can") is no more. She  gave out that day and despite my best efforts could not be revived. 

And with that the emergency search for a car was on. Thank goodness for my sister and grandmother, both of whom went out of their way to help me out and tote me around. I missed the better part of two days of work getting everything straightened out, but it did all happen in the end.


Meet _______, my "new" pre-owned 2009 Kia Spectra. Um, yes. It does not yet have a name. I've always called my cars "Betsy" because it just works so well in many unfortunate scenarios. For example:

-When going up a steep hill and the car is struggling: "C'mon, Betsy!"
-When bouncing across potholes and poorly repaired roads with bad shocks: "Sorry, Bets."
-When stuck in the snow: "Almost there, Betsy!"
-When trying to get on the freeway: "Let's go, Betsy."

The new car just doesn't need as much verbal encouragement so I haven't come up with a name yet. I guess I'll just have to play it by ear and see what comes to me as I drive it more and more.



Post a Comment