Monday, June 3, 2013

Face of Euphoria

As you may know, I'm not a huge fan of pictures of myself. But when I jumped on the official race photography company's website and saw "my" pictures, I knew I wanted to buy one. Even though they aren't phenomenal. And even though they're overpriced. Why? Because when I look at those pictures at the finish line, I can see the euphoria of finishing. At that point, it didn't matter that I was sick, slow and struggling. In those last few moments I felt like a rock star. And it kind of shows. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of myself with such an open expression of joy. Usually because I'm careful (a little too careful) about curating pictures of myself that end up online. But this time? I don't care. Yep, I look disgusting. Yep, I've got a double chin. But it doesn't matter because the look on my face is what I love.



Post a Comment