Monday, May 20, 2013

Half Marathon Aftermath

Do you ever have those days where you think "Oh, I'll just lay down and nap for a few minutes" and then you wake up eight  hours later? Yep, that's me!

Probably the toughest day of my life. I feel like even though I've been training for this since December, it was still so much harder than I ever expected it to be. I know that's probably not very encouraging to someone thinking about doing an endurance event, but at this point it's true. It's also true that the post-finish line euphoria is one of the best emotional highs I have ever experienced.


I may try to write more, but my promise with this post today was to a) let people know I'm alive and b) thank everyone who supported me along the way. With your help, I personally raised $1100 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This money is going to life-saving cures for people who desperately need it. So thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!




Post a Comment