Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wisdom Tooth Boredom

Got my wisdom teeth taken out on Saturday. Needless to say, it's been a not-so-fun and painful experience. What I honestly did not expect was the boredom. I am functioning right now thanks to rotating doses of Percocet and Advil. The problem is this makes me well enough to move about the house, but not well enough to do much else. And I've been told that I shouldn't attempt driving while under the influence of prescription drugs.



So, I'm essentially relegated to the house. And while generally very bored, I have to thank my lucky stars for a few things today.

Grandparents: Really. They may be loud and argumentative, but I don't know what I would've done without them. My Grandma out-of-the-blue made me some mashed potatoes. Enough mashed potatoes to feed an army. Oh, and pudding. My grandfather was running out so I asked if he could grab me a smoothie. He brought back five. These people have hearts of gold.

Painkillers: I've said it before, but seriously, I'm loving the prescriptions.

X-Men: Flipping channels all afternoon and FINALLY something at least even vaguely interesting comes on.

The Magicians: Picked up this book about a week ago and just started to read it this weekend. Thanks to headache I can only read bits at a time, but what I've read I like so far.

Post a Comment