Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

I recently discovered a cool YouTube channel called "The Lizzie Bennet Diaries". Normally, I do not like Jane Austen. Or modern adaptations of Jane Austen. But I've recently discovered this series thanks to Vlogbrothers (on another note, if you don't know Vlogbrothers, go. watch. now. Especially if you are a self-professed nerd or geek.)

Anyway, so "The Lizzie Bennet Diaries" is a modern-day adaptation of Pride & Prejudice. Lizzie is a grad student with two sisters, Jane and Lydia. Most of the "book" is portrayed form Lizzie's perspective.



I don't want to give away too much, but I would encourage you to watch them if you're a vlog fan, a Jane Austen fan, or a dysfunctional-family-drama fan.  And I would highly encourage you to give it a few episodes. I've embedded the first episode below.


Post a Comment