Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Team In Training

If you read my blog at all (and who knows, maybe you don't!) and have looked at the actual site any time in the past month or so, you may have noticed a new widget. That's it, just to the right. You see where it says "Support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society"? That's my fundraising widget.

See, I'm doing this crazy thing. Crazy for me, that is. I've decided I'm going to complete a half marathon. Yep, this geeky, couch potato extraordinaire is going to get off her ass and actually attempt to run (or limp) 13.1 miles. Originally I started out just doing it as a motivation to get off the couch. Then I started to hear the stories. About the fighters, survivors, their friends and family. And I thought "How can I not give this a try?".

So here's the deal. Any donations that are sent to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through this widget before December 25th, 2012, will be personally matched by myself, up to a total of $100. I know it doesn't sound like much, but even $5 can make a huge difference. I try not to ask for money a lot (or at all), but when I hear about a cause that really stops me in my tracks, that is when I truly want to be spurred into action.

I started training for the half marathon two weeks ago and it's going pretty well so far. Starting slow and building my way up. It will be a long journey, but we'll get there. Also, I'm debating doing something like cutting off my hair or dying it as a fundraiser. But we'll have to see what happens.
Post a Comment