Sunday, December 30, 2012

End of Another Year

And so we come to the end of another year. I know it's cliche, but these years really do start flying the older you get. I still can't believe that 2012 is almost over.

Every year at this time, I start thinking of resolutions. And the past couple years, I've essentially ignored them. I get tired of people making unrealistic goals that they will break quickly and then beat themselves up over for weeks. I'm convinced that the best resolution is to just enjoy life and live it to the best of your ability.



2012 has been an awesome year for me. No lie. Possibly one of the best years ever. It's a little bit mind-boggling that I can even confidently type that right now, especially as I look at how much I've been through over the past year. This year has been a lot about growing up. That may not be the perfect phrase, but it's the best one that I have right now. First "real" apartment, first job that actually has career potential, first time I've ever really taken my personal health seriously, first time I've ever started training for a half marathon, and more. 2012 was tough, but I can't help but look back on it and be happy about what I see.

I'm so excited to see what 2013 has in store. It's one of those things where, normally, I'm just kind of apathetic, but honestly? I'm feeling optimistic and I like it.

Wishing you a happy, healthy 2013!
Post a Comment