Friday, November 23, 2012

Month of Thanks, Week Four

Well, I am five days behind, so here we go!

Monday: Thankful for the gorgeous weather we had this week! Seriously, over 60F on Thanksgiving Day? That's practically unheard of. It was so gorgeous.

Tuesday: Thankful for perseverance. I have done a lot in the past three years that I never would have thought possible for myself. And it's awesome to see it come to fruition and see myself trying again and again despite it being a long, hard road.

Wednesday: Thankful for my education. I know I graduated three years ago, but I feel like it's something that will stick with my forever. University was also one of the first places where I really stood up and began to think for myself. It's a lovely thing.

Thursday: Thankful for my body. While I don't take the best care of it (eek!), I love that I can (usually) rely on my body to follow-through. My most recent example of this was yesterday (Thursday) when I completed the 2012 Cleveland Turkey Trot with my family. I am not a runner. I am not the slightest bit athletic. I have also never actually actively tried to walk or run five miles at a decent pace. But yesterday, I did it. I was not fast, I was not even in the middle of the pack. But the important thing in my mind is that I finished. I am so proud of myself for finishing and thankful that I tried it. Granted, my knees are still protesting, but...

Friday: Thankful that I'm not going to any Black Friday shopping today! I worked two Black Fridays at the biggest outlet mall in Michigan. I saw grown women trample each other, break into fistfights over undiscounted merchandise, and pound on doors and windows terrifying workers (myself included). I have not been to a Black Friday as a worker or a shopper since. It's a good part of the reason I have an aversion to "holiday events". And that is why I'm so happy to not be going out into the madness today (though I kind of wish that I could get the deal on TVs, because mine is dying and they're expensive...).
Post a Comment