Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Month of Thanks, Week Five

Monday - Thankful for the ability to cook. This sounds cheesy, I know, but I really am thankful for it. I don't know how some people get on not being able to whip together even the simplest of meals, but I do know that I could not live on boxed meals alone.

Tuesday - Hand-in-hand with that first one, I'm thankful for poached pears. They sound like the plainest option ever, but they really are delicious. I had my first poached pear a few months ago and then decided to make them at home last week. So delicious.

Wednesday - Thankful for encouragement from friends and family. I recently signed up to participate in the Cleveland Marathon's 10K next May. While 10K doesn't sound like a lot compared to a full marathon (or even a half marathon), it is a huge step for me. One that a couple months ago I probably would have never even thought possible, much less probable. What has helped is the fact that whenever I tell someone I'm going to do this, they haven't laughed in my face.  Then again, when training starts this Saturday and I'm (supposedly) running outside in the cold, I'll let you know how I'm feeling then.
Post a Comment