Sunday, November 4, 2012

Month of Thanks - Week 1

Usually I try to avoid the cliched, hackneyed holiday traditions. But (but!) in this age of egocentricity and materialism, I thought I'd follow in the footsteps of some of my friends and make an effort to be more thankful this holiday season, particularly in November. So, if I try to state one thing I'm thankful for each day in November, I believe I'm already four days behind.  Not sure if this will be a daily post, or if I'll just compile a weekly list, but here we are!

So, my first four! These are actually pretty easy (granted, the beginning usually is).

1) New Job -- I lucked out. I have a great new job, doing what I love, with people I truly respect and who respect me. It's pretty awesome.

2) New Apartment -- About two months ago, I moved into a new apartment. I'm still in the process of unpacking, but it really is fantastic.

3) Safety through SuperStorm Sandy -- Even thought we're not on the East Coast, Cleveland was hit pretty hard. There are people in the area that are still without power almost a week later.  I made it through the storm without my power going off and only minimal leaking (thanks to being on the top floor of a flat-roofed building).

4) Natalie's visit to Cleveland - When you're a kid, you never know who will still be near you for years to come (or who will drop you either, for that matter!). Natalie and I met when I was in Junior High when my family was in Florida. Two years after that, our family was moved to the other end of  the country. Fifteen years after we first met, we're still in touch. And we still manage to pick up exactly where we left off, even if we only see each other once a year. That is true friendship.
Post a Comment