Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lose Yourself (in Music)

I was driving down the highway this morning and I started to thinking about how I can just get lost in some songs and how music has played such a big part in my life. It sounds so cheesy, but it's true. The songs that I just seem to lose myself in aren't necessarily restricted by genre, lyrics, style, or tempo. Sometimes it is just one song by a band, artist, or a composer that I don't listen to regularly --or at all.

Attaboy - Goat Rodeo Sessions (Chris Thile, Edgar Meyer, Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan)

This song just sounds like pure joy to me. The whole album is fantastic, but this song is especially wonderful.




Houdini - Foster The People

It's addicting. I'm not even sure why.




Beethoven's Piano Sonata 15, Op. 28 Allegro

(or pretty much any Beethoven Sonata)




Somebody to Love - Queen

Such greatness all wrapped up in here.




Neat Little Rows - Elbow

Honestly, play me anything by Elbow and I'll be enthralled. I love this band. I really do. [insert plug here for new album "Dead in the Boot. Ah!]





Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2


Skinny Genes - Eliza Doolittle

Another one of those addicting earworms. I actually really don't like the music video because it strikes me as just to hipster and kitschy, but the song is so catchy.




Chinese Translation - M. Ward

This list could go on for forever, but let's end it with this awesome song by M. Ward. Mellow, light, "philosophy pop". Loveliness wrapped up in raspy-voiced goodness. 



Post a Comment