Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why Charlie Brown's Tree is My Favorite


It really is. I know it sounds cheesy, but I like it for the sentiment. A cheap twig on a wooden stand that was put up in the spirit of love and giving means more than the tallest, most beautiful tree anyone could ever dream up.

When it comes to decorating for the holidays, I favor simplicity over everything else. The tree doesn't need to be weighed down with 50 pounds of ornaments. No themed pillows, throws, or wall hangings for me.  A simple tree decorated with things that remind me of the good things, a basket of pinecones, a stack of gifts waiting for their recipients, and a cup of cider? I'm all set.

I've had to scale back it's easy to forget that this time of year is not about materialism, receiving gifts, and feeling the license to indulge. It's about people you love, giving, and goodwill.

Shoot me now. I'm sounding sappy!


Post a Comment