Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolute. Kind of.

Resolutions, resolutions... This is supposed to be the day where we all sit down, think about how shitty the previous year has been and make unrealistic goals we will only work at until about January 27th.  It's a time-honored tradition, it is.

I have taken a break from resolutions for several years (at least). The best reasoning to this is that it was just another thing that my psyche could latch on to and beat the shit out of me over. So not worth it. This year, however... I want to give it a go.  Here are my top three resolutions that I will try to keep in order to make me a more sane and happy person.
  1. Do things for myself to please myself
  2. Go after what I want
  3. Learn to love myself
I posted the lyrics to this song way back in January 2010. It's been a long time, but the words still ring true.

All will be well
Even after all the promises you've broken to yourself
All will be well
You may ask me how but only time will tell



Happy New Year.
Post a Comment