Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Long Journey Home

That is my attempt at a very sappy title. Basically, it means I'm on my way home after a long vacation. Looking forward to getting back to my apartment and my family.

The last few days of my vacation were spent a) cleaning, b) sleeping, and c) stressing out about life in general. Sometimes I wonder if life is worth it. Sometimes I wonder if I ever should've done all the things I did: go to college, leave Michigan, move to Cleveland, etc. But at the same time I look at that and realize that I wouldn't be who I am today without those decisions, whether I can categorize them as "good" or bad".

In other news, I'd like to point you all to a great, funny post. Nat is one of my best friends and I always appreciate her humor and honesty. Her post really got me thinking. When is a blog not self-centered? Even if I say I'm doing it for another reason nominally, it really is all about me. Who doesn't thrill to see the comments, likes, "+1"'s, or other feedback? Who doesn't write in order to get a response or to portray a certain image of themselves?

The problem with blogging is that it's so easy to portray myself how I see"me". It's so easy to avoid criticism or criticize without consequence when you're blogging. I say this because I myself am guilty of it. There are things that I say on my blog that I would never have the opportunity to say outside of my blog.  I would like to state that while I say this, I am in no way saying that blogs, social networks, and other online media sites are hindering our social nature. On the contrary, I believe it is just another stage of social communication evolution that we will work through.

Happy Tuesday!

Allison (another best friend!), myself, and Nat

Post a Comment