Sunday, July 10, 2011

"Ingredients" vs. "Food, Inc."

Don't get me wrong, I actually love both of these films. I feel like they both do a great job of highlighting different sides of our food industry. However, I feel like they would be most appreciated if watched together.

Food, Inc. does a great job of highlighting or exposing the growing processes of plants and living conditions of animals. I feel like every time I watch it, it reinforces my opinion of the mainstream food industry. Food, Inc. strikes me as a cry of outrage. Good and called for, but outraged just the same.

Ingredients, on the other hand, is a great look at the brighter side of food. It showcases all the good things that are happening in food. Whether it's the changing opinions of the public, moving away from mass-produced and -transported and locally grown produce or the great programs being set up to get fresh, healthy foods to people in food deserts.

I don't want to say much more as I'd much rather have you watch them and form your opinions, so I'll leave it there.
Post a Comment