Monday, May 30, 2011

Vacation Time!

So, tomorrow starts the first vacation I've had in over a year and a half (probably two years, really).  I am so super excited. It is definitely time for some relaxation, rejuvenation, and reevaluation.  I've got high hopes for this time. I've told pretty much no one where I'm going because I want to separate myself and just have some time to be on my own and think and relax.

In other news, the fundraisers for Mia are well under way. We're doing our best to get the word out and get people involved in helping this sweet little girl and her family out.  If you can print off and put up some flyers in your area, let me know and I'll be happy to email you the documents so we can increase the impact. Also, if anyone in the Cleveland area has connections to newspapers, TV stations, or other media outlets, we are trying to get their attention to get some more coverage for Mia.

So, most of you probably read about my Facebook Fast.  It was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. I kept myself from updating my status for two months. The first two weeks were the hardest, but after stepping back and realizing how disconnected I had become because of Facebook, it was really an eye-opener and it helped me to reevaluate. I'm not off of Facebook entirely, but I've definitely cut down on my posts and (most importantly) the amount of inane statuses I was posting.



Post a Comment