Thursday, April 21, 2011

Update Schmupdate

Nothing much going on. Trying to enjoy my day off, but it's winding to a close faster than I'd like.  

The foot's doing better. Have my (hopefully!) last follow-up appointment with the podiatrist tomorrow.  After a whole slew of x-rays (read: "x-rays-that-broke-and-are-still-breaking-the-bank) and three weeks of walking around like Quasimodo, it's finally feeling better. So last (again: hopefully!) x-rays done today to double-check that everything's OK and then I'm hoping to get the all-clear to get back on my skates.

Favorite new music: Pomplamoose. I don't know if I'm just the only one who hadn't found out about them until now. I was searching YouTube for a modern cover of "Mr. Sandman" by the Chordettes. I found it. It's beautiful. And it's a VideoSong. Click here to listen to and watch Pomplamoose's cover of "Mr. Sandman". But the beautiful thing is, it doesn't stop there. Pomplamoose isn't just another YouTube one-hit-wonder. They're actual musicians and are making some seriously awesome music. It is now securely in the "happy music" genre.  Go listen and enjoy. And support lovely indie music.
Post a Comment