Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting Back

First good, long skate since.. I don't know, December? It was beautiful. There is just something about drowning out everything else, working through the pain (and, oh yes, there was pain!) and loving it. Even now, I know that it was a pain in the neck dodging idiots and small children, but honestly, there's no where else I would've rather been. 

I love skating. I've got to start making time for it again. I let everything else take over and I was more stressed out and depressed because of it, but it's time to get back. When I skate, everything seems better. I'm happier, more relaxed, more energetic. It's the best of all worlds. There is just nothing like going out there, pushing it, and working up a good clean sweat. I know what you're thinking, I could probably get the same thing from just about any exercise. And in theory you're correct, except... I wouldn't be skating if it wasn't for the lovely ladies of my league. They are just amazing and without derby I wouldn't know some of my best friends.

Alright, now I'm sounding mushy. Well, people I'm off to find a shower (after that lovely sweaty skate, I stink) and then get ready for Monday. 


Post a Comment