Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Spirit

While I'm not a big fan of the holiday season, I do tend to get caught up in it the week before Christmas. Which is why I started wondering where my little iota of holiday cheer went when I realized that it doesn't 'feel' like Christmas and I could care less.

And you know what I realized? This is the first Christmas in many years that I haven't been exposed to retail overdose or had TV programming that's inundated by holiday commercials.  So basically... unless I'm overwhelmed by shallow holiday materialism it doesn't feel 'Christmasy'. Nice. So, now that I've established that fact I feel a lot better about my lack of spirit because it demonstrates just how sad we are where we equate a time that should be about friends and giving back to materialism and stuff and annoying commercials.

With that said, bah humbug and thank god I'm not working retail this year! :)
Post a Comment