Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Black and Blue 5

...was awesome!

Got there before the doors opened to get a good seat (couldn't go for suicide seating as we were with some under 18's).  Saw a great exhibition by the Cleveland Firestarters - these little ladies (ages 7-17) are amazing and the good majority can skate circles (and figure eights with continuous crossovers) around me. I have a huge amount of respect for them  and it was great to see them bout. :)

And the bout. It was good. It was great. I loved it. Every minute of it. There really aren't words to express it.

Favorite moment of the night was most definitely full contact musical chairs. Here's a link if you don't understand what I'm talking about.  Thank god for roller derby  --seriously, I have not found another place on earth where women are accepted as they are and encouraged to be aggressive (and beat the shit out of each other while wearing fishnets). Nothing could be better.

All in all, it was a great night of fun, friends (love my wRECk girls!), screaming myself hoarse (yes, I did), and even introducing friends to roller derby for the first time.

Here's my one and only picture from that night.

From L to R: Me (Capone), Juju, "S", Batt, and  "I".

Post a Comment