Sunday, August 29, 2010

Boredom

OK, so I really need to get a life. I am so stinking bored! All I ever do is work. I want to have a life. I want to have friends. Where do you find those? Is there somewhere I can find a sale on "a purpose for your life"? Where do I go to find friends? For so long I've depended on school to supply me with my social life and friends and now there are no classes... I have no friends and no life! Ack!

As an aside: I will say that I find it very funny how we can sit in coffee shops for hours on end; all together and yet very disconnected. I've been sitting in the same room with the same people for the past hour and not one of us has spoken to the other. What ever happened to the coffee shop as a gathering house? I guess I've never really experienced that, but really more often brought friends and conversation with me.

And then work friends. Work friends are great, but do they ever really turn into actual friends? Should we want them to?  Shouldn't we try to separate our work from our play?

Blergh. I just want a life.

On a terribly geeky and unrelated note, I'm currently reading "Chariots of the Gods" by Erich von Däniken. Very interesting. It's all about the theory that the ancient wonders of the world (pyramids, Easter Island statues, etc.) were built by aliens. While I'm not saying I necessarily believe it, it is really intriguing and definitely thought-provoking.
Post a Comment