Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer Sunday

Whew. I am glad yesterday is o-v-e-r. Party was a bit of a bust... It was great to see the few people that came, but it was a bit of a let-down. I also have a ton of food left. May take it into work if I can carry it all. Or it may just sit in my fridge for the next three weeks.  Anyway, I'm glad it's over. A bunch of stress for something that was definitely not stress-worthy. :)

On to better things now: looking forward to Heather coming to visit this week. We're going to see She & Him and then going to explore the city. Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame is on the list of things we may see. I've never actually been there and have always wanted to go.

Saw my first rugby match on the television yesterday. Have to say that it makes so much more sense than football. Granted, they were dumbing it down for the American audience, but it was just a lot more... well, let's just say that American Football has a lot of arbitrary rules that I don't get, will never get, and never really even want to get. Rugby seems more straightforward and more fun to watch.

Just found out that we have Roller Derby here. I really want to go to a bout and may try to go this Saturday... I will say quite honestly that I didn't really know what Roller Derby was until I watched "Whip It", but after I saw it I started reading up and am really curious to go to an actual bout.
Post a Comment