Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer in the City

Life is awesome. Really. I don't think I've ever been so happy, excited, content, at peace (feel free to continue with positive adjectives).

The recent move has gone really well. I'm pretty well settled in, hoping that I get the last things I need pretty soon. It really is a fantastic location for the price if a tiny bit small. I have almost all the pictures framed and hung and it's really starting to look like something.

Things I am excited about:

She & Him - In just about three weeks I will be heading to House of Blues to see She & Him in concert! I am beyond excited about this. They are definitely my new favorite band and this will actually be my first official concert. I know, that seems pretty lame for someone my age, but it's true! And it will be awesome (I hope). Anyway, if it isn't I will be... very disappointed.

Playhouse Square - After much debate (months of it, in fact), I went ahead and purchased seasons tickets (err, season ticket singular???) for the Broadway season at Playhouse Square. This is going to be so awesome. It's an incredible deal (really!) and I will get to see things I love and/or have always wanted to see like: Blue Man Group, Les Mis, and West Side Story. I actually just finalized all of this yesterday, so it's still a very big deal. And now I just have to wait for September to roll around... Impatient? Definitely.

Farmers' Market - my local farmers market is within a five minute walk (five minute walk!) of my place on Saturdays. It is not that big, so I thought it would be pretty low-key, but I'm actually kind of impressed by the availability and quality of produce, especially this early in the season. And even if I don't actually need produce, I do try to head over there on Saturdays to treat myself to a crepe for breakfast and unconsciously support my local farmers' market to the contentment of my rumbling stomach.

The city in general - this city is seriously freaking awesome. There is so much to do here and so much of it is free. (Except the R&R Hall of Fame --keeping me from all those interesting things by your hefty price tag!).  Anyway, back to the goodness. Seriously, I love it. Never a dull moment, always something to do. Also looking forward to baseball season and hoping to be able to attend a few games rather than my typical sofa-side cheering.

Anyways, here's looking forward to an awesome summer and a great rest of the year! What are you guys looking forward to?
Post a Comment