Saturday, April 10, 2010

Open (Tax) Season

Yes, folks. It's that time of year again. The time of the year where all people who procrastinate without really meaning to start scrambling to complete convoluted and maddeningly confusing forms so that they can (usually) give more money to the government. That being said... I have one tax return completed (yay me!) and it looks like I will even be getting a tax return (well, at least from the Feds. Don't know about the state and local folks, but we'll see)

Anyone have any fun, frustrating or generally informative tax stories they'd like to share? I've had my own fair share of close calls (like not realizing that even if you don't live within a certain municipality, you have to file with them if you work there and other stories -not to mention the employer tax horror stories I could, but won't, tell) and would love to wallow in misery or have a good laugh with others.

Life is going well here. Just signed a lease on my new place, so hopefully I'll be moving in the next couple of weeks. My car is up and running again at almost 100% (I'd give it an 87%). I'm looking forward to summer and (probably the best part of the summer as of yet) seeing She & Him at House of Blues in June. I am ridiculously excited about that. I had the shock of my life when I realized this is probably the first real concert I've ever been to outside of little bands (i.e. what Silers Bald was in Jr. High) and classical concerts. It's going to be pretty sweet.

Cheers (and whopping tax returns) to you all!
Post a Comment