Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Days Are Here Again

Wow. It really has been awhile. Almost a month. Okay, more like three weeks, but that is still a long time for me. I'm doing well, loving the new job and the new schedule (four 10's works out wonderfully!) and the new paycheck. :) Granted, there are things I'd like to be different. I'd like to earn $50,000 a year. I'd like to have all my student loans paid off. I'd like to be able to eat ice cream for dinner every night. As you all have probably guessed, none of the aforementioned will happen, or is even likely to happen within the next ten years.

Despite my lack of crazy-good salaries (I do get paid a pretty decent wage for what I do), my ever-looming student debt, and my ability to gain weight just by looking at ice cream, I have to say that I am happy. Happier than I've been in a long time. I have a great job, live in an area I love (despite the snow that has been hounding me up until recently), am hopefully moving to an area I love even more and actually look forward to each coming day.  I had the shock of my life as I was out and about the other day, minding my own business when it suddenly occurred to me that I was a) grinning like an idiot, b) whistling, and c) truly happy for what may be the first time in my entire life. I don't think I have ever been so shocked. I was even more dumb-founded when this realization led to more grinning, louder whistling, and the incessant urge to call everyone I knew and tell them just how incredibly happy I was for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Hope you all are doing well out there in cyberspace and in real life as well.
Post a Comment