Monday, February 8, 2010

Take It Back

My new favorite band (if a duo can be called a band...?) is "She & Him". Made up of Zooey Deschanel (pretty famous in her own right) and M. Ward (supposedly famous, but I've never heard of him?), She & Him has a mellow, retro sound that I am loving right now. Surprisingly enough, Deschanel wrote all but three of the 12 songs on the album and they aren't half bad. Some of my favorites so far: "This Is Not a Test", "Sweet Darlin'", and "Sentimental Heart".

One of their songs that totally surprised me was "Take It Back".  It is not what I would choose in a song. It has kind of a country twang (think old country - no Carrie Underwood here) and it is a love-related song (not really a love-song as you'll see in the lyrics below). The beginning begins so simply and plaintively, and the lyrics only add to the charm.

_____________

Take it back
Oh, take it back
I don't want your lovin', anymore
Let me live
Oh, let me live
It's not you who I sank for
So, don't sit next to me
Sit by yourself

I don't wanna' wonder whether you love me
I don't wanna' wonder whether you care
So, don't try to woo me
Don't try to fool me
Oh, I know all of your tricks
It's a possibility, you'll stand in my corner

I don't wanna' wonder whether you love me
I don't wanna' wonder whether you care
So, don't try to woo me
Don't try to fool me
Oh, I know all of your tricks
It's a possibility, you'll stand in my corner
Post a Comment