Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The View From Here

...isn't so great, but at least it's a roof over my head and job possibilities!

So, my life is incredibly boring. It consists of writing cover letter after cover letter (I am so sick of telling people how great I am and then never getting a job!), submitting application following the other hundred applications. It also consists of staring at a computer screen for hours on end. Ugh. Yes, I know. I shouldn't whine. I really shouldn't

Okay, moving on. Because of the excessive computer use, I have also found a couple things to break up the monotony (some of which actually only add to the monotony and others that may help).

1) Farmville - I swore up and down that I would never become one of those annoying people who has all the application updates on their Facebook. And yet, here I am. I originally started a 'farm' (though I hesitate to use the word) because my brother was new to Facebook and asked if I would be his 'neighbor'. So, in an effort toward moral support and neighborly goodness, I started out and now I'm addicted! It's not funny. I woke up at 2am the other night wondering if I'd forgotten to harvest the strawberries. Seriously... Employment, wherever you are, please come soon!

2) Music - Thanks to some lovely iTunes gift cards for Christmas I recently got some new music. Asa's self-titled album and Elbow's "Asleep in the Back" are the new additions and I would highly suggest them both (to those of you that like any of the following: world music, social justice issues, alternative music, British accents, and good lyrics).

3) Revisiting my high school days with a bout of babysitting - Yes, babysitting. Seriously, when you can make more money babysitting kids four times a week than you can at Starbucks these days. I'll take the babysitting (especially as Starbucks apparently isn't hiring).

4) And last but not least... my brand spanking new library card! - I am so thrilled to finally have access to a library again. Today I went out and finally got my library card and promptly took out a stack of books and then sat myself down in front of the online catalog to order even more. Something about a library... The bookworm in me is just jumping up and down with glee.
Post a Comment