Saturday, January 9, 2010

Update

Well, here I am. Job-searching again. I should be used to this by now. Due to several things that came up recently, I've had to switch locations (again). I'm getting to be a pro at moving. So now I'm here in Cleveland with the grandparents. They're leaving to start their careers as Florida snowbirds in a few weeks and they were kind enough to rent me their place while they're gone and while I get on my feet here.

In the meantime, while I'm job-searching and getting to know the area, I'm enjoying the impromptu cooking lessons with Grandma. I swear, there is something about her meatballs... and her sauce. Anyone who makes meatballs like that and thinks to add ribs -ribs!- to the marinara sauce deserves sainthood! She told me everything that goes in, gave me cooking tips, walked me through it step-by-step and I still don't think I'll ever be able to replicate it to taste that good... I even got to copy out the majority of her other recipes today into OneNote. So sweet. :)

Hope you all are enjoying the first month of 2010.
Post a Comment