Monday, December 21, 2009

New URL (and other things!)

Hola kiddos -

So, just a quick note at the beginning to inform you all (in case you haven't noticed already) that I've changed the blog's url. You can now find it at http://www.lindseyglorio.blogspot.com/. I was getting tired of telling people the ridiculously long, kind of vague, and hard to spell (apparently... I never really thought of it before) name that vagabondinaforeignland was. So, I stole my old blog's url and gave vagabond to a new one which will hopefully soon have a link that links back to here just to prevent confusion. Or maybe cause more of it. Not sure. Time will tell.

________________

In other news: I have a job. Yes. Well, it's a temp job. But it's a job nonetheless! And it pays well, so my bills are getting paid and I was actually able to buy Christmas gifts this year. So fun.  It feels so weird to be on this schedule again, no matter how many times I tell myself that just four months ago I got up and made it to work at 7:30am every morning, it still feels early. This is the start of my second week and it will only be a half week due to the holiday. I'll probably get a break until the New Year, which is nice, but I wouldn't mind working.

Looking forward to the Midnight Christmas Eve service (ok, it's actually 11pm, but Midnight sounded too cool) at a church I've been visiting. My little sisters may come along if they're not too tired. Trying to figure out what to do for New Year's Eve. Would really like to go out or go to a party for once. I usually stick with relatives or family (which usually involves a board game and half of us not even making it to midnight), but I'd really like to see what all the hubbub is about sometime.

Went to see Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God on Friday. WOW. I was so impressed. Honestly, I like a little of what I've heard of his music, but for the most part I've never been a huge fan. I'm sure most of you who are reading this have already been to this concert, so I will spare you the discussions on how incredible the musicians were (Andrew Peterson, Jill Phillips, Andy Gullahorn, Andrew Osenga, Ben Shive, Brandon Heath, and more), and how deep and fresh the lyrics were. I am one of those gets so tired of hackneyed Christmas songs and to hear the same story told in such a way was great. (Okay, maybe I won't spare you that discussion...) Walked away with two CDs as well - Behold the Lamb 10th Anniversary album (awesome - comes with the studio-recorded as well as the live version) and Ben Shive's The Ill-Tempered Klavier".
Post a Comment