Monday, July 20, 2009

Long Time, No Write

It has been over two weeks since I last wrote -two weeks! That's an eternity for me when it comes to blogging, I think. Anyway, life hasn't sped up much, I just haven't had much to write about. School has ended so my normal subjects have mostly disappeared I guess...

Anyway, so I'm updating now. :) I am excited about a few things actually, so hopefully I can eek out a post this morning.

The Corner Booth - Okay, so the name might end up changing, but it's all I've got so far, so we're sticking to it. I had this (kind of) crazy idea to start up a blog from the perspective of young adults (the actual young adults, i.e. twentysomethings, not the 13-17 year-olds bit) in the modern Church and invited some friends to participate (and honestly, most of you that read this are probably the ones already signed on for it...). I am honestly amazed at how things have come together for it. Yes, it's just a brand-new blog that is only read by the writers. No, we're not getting paid to write. But I still feel somehow that it was one of those 'meant-to-be' things, like the time was ripe for this blog to pull together. I have high hopes for this and am hoping I'm not raising my hopes in vain. Feel free to check out the link even though it is not officially up and running yet.

Job-searching - This isn't really something to be excited about, as it's not really going anywhere, but as it makes up about 50% of my existence right now, I figured I should post it. No prospects as of yet and I'm just a little bit terrified of moving somewhere sans connections, roommates, plans set in stone, etc. We shall see what happens.

Went down to Cleveland last weekend and it was a lot of fun. Got to see family and explore the city. I have to say that I am continually impressed by Cleveland. I'm not just saying this because it's my hometown, either - trust me I have had my Ohio-hating days (as well as Michigan-hating, but that's another story). Seriously though, it has so much to offer. The museums, the schools, the hospitals, the cultural centers, etc. I went to the Cleveland Museum of Art and got to see (well-known original) works by Sargent and Warhol (and more) for free - for F-R-E-E! I think I would move to Cleveland for the museums alone. So exciting. Also, they have decent farmers' markets, though honestly I think I like Flint's better right now -at least compared to the one I visited when I was down there. anyway, it was lovely. :)
Post a Comment