Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Shameless Plug (and other stuff)

It discourages me so much when I see how the proverbial 'little guy' is struggling to keep his head above water these days in the business world -particularly when it is no fault of their own. This is where the plug comes in: The Four Katz Cafe.

This is an adorable little restaurant where I live. The atmosphere is great, the food is excellent, and the staff delightful. They are 'housed' in an old Victorian farmhouse, the lower half converted into the dining area. I really don't know what to say other than the fact that I wish the economy was better for their sake. They've really done great things with the house and I would hate to see them go under because of lack of business. The decor is eclectic: a mix of older and more modern furniture. There's a touch of whimsy with the lights, the antiques spread throughout, and the border around the ceiling assembled of vintage record covers (I have to grin when I look up from my dinner and see Jimi Hendrix, ZZ Top and the Beatles all staring down at me in pristine condition) is probably my favorite part (no big surprise there). Granted, the food's not haute cuisine, it's not even out of this world. But it's great food, original recipes (not your standard Mom & Pop cafe fare, let me tell you), and always a smile when you walk through the door. But really, I cannot promote this place enough. I've never had a bad (or even mediocre) meal there. I know that people who read this blog don't live anywhere nearby, but I feel like I need to do my part. So, if you're ever in the area stop by the Four Katz Cafe.
_________

So back to other news, well... not really news as my life is so incredibly boring that 'news' might equate to what I had for breakfast....

Spring Break is here and I've relished being home, being able to sleep, and not being on such a tight schedule. Granted, I'll be back to that tight schedule on Monday, and the expected lack of sleep will catch up to me probably a week from now. Attempting to get a headstart on research projects, reading, papers, etc. It's not really working though as I'm too caught up in relishing my limited freedom.
Post a Comment