Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fed up. Again. Are we noticing a pattern here?

I am so sick of being criticized for things that I cannot control. You want me to finish school, I'm criticized for what I'm studying. Not to mention the fact that you scoff at my dreams and make faces at the mention of graduate studies. You want me to get another job to make up for the lack of hours, so I do (two in fact!) and the fact that the hours are still basically nonexistent because of our failing economy is my fault? You question my intelligence because my opinions and yours may differ on temporal things? Should I continue my list? Can I do nothing right? Will I ever be able to please you? Earn your respect? I don't know why I even try anymore. No matter where I go, what I do, I will never be doing the right thing in your sight. No, you'll just roll your eyes again, huff, and accuse me of blowing up over the situation. Quite odd considering the fact that I haven't raised my voice once and you created the 'situation'.

Are your 'good intentions' and occasional help just a way to buy my submission? I have news for you. I am doing the best I can. I will not be your perfect, retiring automaton.
Post a Comment