Friday, January 16, 2009

Cars, Cold and Cartilage

It is FREEZING! You can tell just how cold it is by the incredibly rare occurrence of using all capitals in my writing. I really, really didn't want to go out this morning into the negative 15F weather. Granted, it's warmed up to a balmy 5F, so I should be thankful for that I suppose?

My car has overheated. Again. Though, I looked it up online and I think it may be caused by me and relatively easy (hopefully!) to remedy. Had no idea, but apparently if you put cold coolant in (and I do have to check and fill from time to time, just usually not in such cold weather), the hoses can freeze and the it stops the circulation of coolant, thus causing your engine to overheat. So, giving it a little bit in the sun outside before I try turning it on again... I really hope that this is what's wrong because if it's not, it's probably one of two things: a) heater core needs to be flushed or replaced or b) the car's blown a gasket... Not really looking forward to the possibility of either of those as this is tuition month, as well as license plate month... Argh.

And cartilage! I am really loving my Forensic Anthropology course! Well, except for the classmates that think we need the full narrative on their broken toe to enlighten us as to how bones heal. Really, I just don't care. Please let me get back to the lecture. Anyway, it is truly interesting and I am continually amazed how I can sit through a three hour class and not get sleepy. No offense to any other professors whose classes I might have dozed in. It's nothing personal and this really is a rarity.
________

Just for fun did one of these little personality surveys. Usually I'm an INFP, but this one came out as....




Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISFP)



Your personality type is caring, peaceful, artistic, and calm.



Only about 7% of all people have your personality, including 8% of all women and 6% of all men

You are Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving.

How Rare Is Your Personality?

I find it funny that it lists "peaceful" and "calm". Not exactly two words I would use to describe myself. Maybe 'mellow', but those others just have an air of tranquility that doesn't seem to fit.
Post a Comment