Friday, December 5, 2008

Tempus Fugit...

...Even when you're not having fun!

All right, so the semester was fun (most of the time). It's just the end that has me going bonkers. Haven't had the chance to write much because the end has really caught up with me. Seriously. Classes are over and all have is three papers and a final left. I will be done by Tuesday, December 16th. Craziness.

So, as I have a few minutes now to take a breather, just thought I'd sit down and update.

Work has slowed down considerably (conveniently timed with the end of the semester, but unconveniently timed with Christmas present-buying and travel) and that's allowed me to not go completely insane. Have come to the realization that I will need to find a second job next semester.

School. Sigh. School is going well --so far. If my final papers turn out as well as the rest of the semester has I believe I may actually be able to pull off my highest GPA yet. Quite a feat for the former straight-B student. :) Definitely something to smile about as a boost to the gradepoint is always welcome.

Life in general: Well, as life consists of school and work for me, I'm not sure there is a lot to update on. Granted, I spent a great Thanksgiving with my aunt, uncle and cousins and am looking forward to Christmas spent with friends or family in the area. Also, with holiday break, I have a list of books and movies about three miles long to get through (pretty sure that's not actually going to happen but it's worth a try).

Next semester will be fun. I'll be taking four classes (Forensic Anthropology, Sex & Gender or Sex, Work and International Capital; Culture & Personality, and Social & Cultural Change) plus my senior thesis (basically directed readings and a big paper). Then, get to walk in May and finish up classes in spring semester (June-July). I can't believe the end is so near. Now if I can only not screw this up!

Of course though, once school's done then it's a whole different kettle of fish. Most importantly, where to find a full-time job while taking a year or two off and making some decisions... Anybody looking for a diligent, honest, hardworker with a BA in Anthropology? Throw in minimal German and decent Spanish for bonuses? ... Help.

Not even going to think about that yet.

Well, must away. Have mountains of books to read (for research paper - anyone know anything about the archaeology at Jamestown?) and a job to get to.

Chau, chicos!

PS: I finally broke down and bought a coat. Now aren't you proud?
Post a Comment