Monday, November 17, 2008

Band Names

Okay, so recently I've happened upon a few band names that I just found too amusing to pass up.

"I Love You, But I've Chosen Darkness"
"And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead"
(oddly enough I haven't heard any macabre or depressing songs out of either of the aforementioned).
"Moondog" (Okay, so this one isn't as funny, but I just can't get Moondoggie from Gidget out of my head now!)

The name isn't very original, but I have to mention Twink. Okay. Have you ever heard "Enter Sandman" on a toy piano? I thought not. Totally surreal. The first time I heard it, I was sitting there humming along trying to figure out what the heck I was listening to and how I knew the melody when... Say what?! I'm listening to a Metallica cover by a toy piano project?! Look it up. The album is "Supercute!" (don't ask me why they named it that) and the version of "Enter Sandman" is so much fun. Be warned. If you listen through the whole CD, the pianos can get a bit annoying.

Oh, and once I finally get my imaginary band together, I totally have dibs on the name "Running with Scissors".
Post a Comment