Monday, October 6, 2008

Tired. Quite tired, but content. School continues to... well, continue. Have actually managed to exceed a few expectations of my own (which weren't very high in the first place, but exciting nonetheless). Had my first real week of work. Definitely interesting. Nothing more needs to be said! ;o)

Been reading John Donne and Sylvia Plath lately. Very different, yet very similar somehow. Enjoying both of them quite a lot.

Finished "Testing Women, Testing the Fetus" for Medical Anthro today. Raises a lot of questions and has me thinking. It will be interesting to see how this paper turns out...

I've also come to a realization that I am quite shallow and unimpressive and no matter how intelligent, unique or interesting I try to make myself, it will never change. I wish I'd come to this revelation sooner. It's one of those admissions which is both terrifying and very freeing at the same time. You potentially lose the stress of keeping up this image of orginality, but now... what do I fall back on? Why would people like me if I'm just... me? For that matter, who the heck is 'me'? Have we been pretending so long that we've lost our true sense of self? I think I might have...
Post a Comment