Thursday, October 16, 2008

Life is like chocolate mousse...

I was trying to think of a really insightful allegory to go with my lovely title, but for that's all it will be. I just thought it sounded cool. I'm sure I could find some way to work that out... Hm... give me a few. I'll get back to you on that.


Anyway... the source of the title comes from my most recent accomplishment. I made homemade chocolate mousse! And it was edible! Okay, so I had a few problems at first (I had to start over with the eggs...) and I let the chocolate cool a little bit too longer, but it was good! I was so excited. It was a little lumpy... but it tasted like chocolate mousse, so that's what counts. I was just glad it was recognizable. Picture's not very good though... Can I blame that on the camera?





This lovely event came about yesterday because I was home for dinner --a very rare occasion in and of itself. As such, I usually cook when I'm home, so we broke out the good china (seriously), grilled some steaks, lit a few candles and put on some great music. What a way to unwind. Went to work for a few hours and then came home and got to relax with a cup of tea and a movie. (L, thanks for the recommendation oh-so-many months ago of Paris, Je T'aime. The library here just got it!)


As a little something for my fellow would-be foodies: the recipe for chocolate mousse. As a heads up for you non-coffee lovers, I left out the espresso.

And can I say again: THE LIBRARY IS SUPPOSED TO BE QUIET! There is a reason we have study rooms, people! The desks in the middle of the library are not the place to hold your social network summits. Argh.

Post a Comment