Sunday, June 8, 2008

Excerpts from Isaiah

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Since you are honored and precious in my sight, and because I love you... Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Lead out those who have eyes, but are blind, who have ears but are deaf. All the nations gather together and the peoples assemble. Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in th desert and streams in the wasteland... to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise." -Isaiah 43:1b-3a, 4a, 5a, 8-9a, 18-19, 20b-21

"This is what the Lord says-- he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say 'I belong to the Lord'; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will wrote on his hand, 'The Lord's' and will take the name Israel... I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." -Isaiah 44:2-5, 22
Post a Comment