"Fourier's passion for numbers led him to predict that the ideal world he was helping to create would last 80,000 years, 8,000 of them in an era of Perfect Harmony in which:
- androgynous plants would copulate
- six moons would orbit the earth
- the North Pole would be milder than the Mediterranean
- the seas would lose their salt and become oceans of lemonade
- the world would contain 37 million poets equal to Homer, 37 million mathematicians equal to Newton and 37 million dramatists equal to Molière, although "these are approximate estimates"
- every woman would have four lovers or husbands simultaneously"
While I generally admire those who think outside the box, I think this might be stretching it a wee bit.