Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sitting here yet again

As my sociology professor saw fit to leave town for a week and not locate a substitute, I have been relishing my two days of having extra time before my first class of the day. Usually I rush out the door at 9:00 or 9:30 and make it here about 15 minutes before my first class at 11am. But with sociology on hold this week (yay!) I don't have to be in class until 12:30pm. So exciting. Really, it is. I have time to sit in the computer lab doing homework, looking up articles for research projects, browsing the library catalogue (You really gotta love university libraries!) and even getting a chance to post on here. Usually by the time I get home from work or school at night I am just too tired to try to update.

So, I'm currently rereading 'Till We Have Faces, by C.S. Lewis. I read it quite awhile ago, but seem to have forgotten the gist of it. On the encouragement from a friend, I decided to give it another chance. I have to say, Orual is fast becoming one of my favorite literary characters of all time. If you have read it and have a minute to reply, I'd love to know what you think of it. I just got it yesterday (I seem to have lost my old copy!) and I'm only in chapter four or five, but WOW.
Post a Comment