Thursday, November 22, 2007

New Favorite!

I have to say... I have been converted. I've never been a huge fan of turkey (or most holiday entrees for that matter...), but I've found my new favorite. Today I was in charge of one of the turkeys (we buy two smaller ones: more drumsticks and wings to go 'round, especially with all the company here) and I have found my favorite way to cook turkey!

Orange & Rosemary Turkey
1 small turkey
4-5 Oranges, quartered
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary or some dried
Sea salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

So, after you've cleaned out the turkey and all that jazz, put the orange quarters and part of the dried rosemary in a bowl and toss (basically, I just tried to get the oranges coated lightly with rosemary). If you're using fresh, tuck them inside seperately when you stuff the oranges as tightly as you can in both cavities. Mix together some sea salt, pepper and dried rosemary. Drizzle olive oil over the turkey and then use the S&P and Rosemary mixture as a rub on the skin. Truss and cook as you normally would. Baste throughout cooking, if you can, drizzle freshly squeezed orange juice over the skin inbetween bastings.

Yum!
Post a Comment